Almost all patients experience more than a rash[ibenic_post id=”148″ class=”footnote-link” text=”1“]
Almost all patients experience more than a rash.
- Even though zoster generally presents as a rash, typically patients also experience pain.1
- Pain can occur daily and be potentially severe2.
In a 2004 study designed to describe the acute pain of zoster and assess its impact on patients (n=110)2:
- 96% of patients in this study experienced acute pain.
- 45% reported that they experienced pain every day.
- 42% reported that their worst zoster-associated pain was “horrible” or “excruciating.”